Monday, February 9, 2009

Twirly Skirt

I have not been blogging much lately, but I have not been idle. I have become interested in sewing more recently. I know a few basic sewing skills. My mom taught me to piece together quilt tops made from squares. I even had my own sewing machine when I was young. I loved to sew. I never learned to make anything else. I eventually found other hobbies and did not sew much.

When I was pregnant with Chloe, I made some burp cloths from flannel. They were still fairly simple, but it started up my interest in sewing again. I have not had the opportunity to sew very often up until recently. With Chloe being so little, I just could not devote much time to it. Chloe is nearly a year old now and she is content (sometimes) to play and let me sew a little.

I thought I would share a skirt I recently made for Cassidy. She was having a sock hop at school and I wanted her to have a little something special to wear. I found a Twirly Skirt Tutorial. It was fun to create it. My mom watched the girls while I worked. I don't think she thought it was going to turn out as well as it did. She was a bit skeptial while watching the process. I actually wasn't sure how it would turn out.

Here are the pictures:


I made many mistakes while sewing this, but I learned a lot. I now know why it is important to pin you pieces together before sewing them. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it looks great! Keep it up and I'm sure you'll be a sewing master in no time!