Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Homemade Granola Bars

Our family eats a lot of granola bars. Ryan & the girls love them. I thought I would share a recipe we tried and Ryan really likes. The girls don't like them as much, but they don't like change or trying new things.

I found the recipe at All Recipes. I do things just a little different, but it is basically the same.

Ingredients:
  • 4.5 cups oats (I used the old fashioned, not the quick)
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup butter (softened)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325.
  • Cover a 9x13 pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
  • Mix together oats, flour, baking soda, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
  • In a separate smaller bowl mix together butter, honey and vanilla.
  • Pour liquids into the oat mixture. Mix well.
  • Add chocolate chip and mix.
  • Spread into prepared pan and bake for 18-22 minutes.
  • Allow to cool for 10-20 minutes.
  • Cut apart and wrap in plastic wrap or put in container.
I use the aluminum foil to make it easier to get the granola out to the 9x13 pan. I also wrap the individual bars in plastic wrap. They stay good for at least a week. We usually don't have any left after that.

No comments: