Thursday, May 28, 2009

Reusable Bag

In April I signed up for a free reusable shopping bag from Earthbound. They had a limited supply and I was one that won.

I love using my reusable shopping bags. I try to look for any free ones or deals on bags. Most stores have bags for about $1. They hold so much more that the plastic sacks. When I bring in my groceries from the car, I don't have to make as many trips.

I have bags from WalMart, Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, and Aldi. Most bags are about the same size, but the Aldi bag is about 2 times the size of the other ones. It is great for things like diapers, chips, cereal and other things that aren't very heavy, but are a little bulky.

I have also made a few of my own bags from fabric. I really enjoyed that. I wish I had more time to do this.

Yard sales are also a great place to get bags. They don't have to look like all the other reusable bags in order to be a great bag.

If you haven't already, consider getting a reusable bag and trying it.

2 comments:

HDMac said...

I love using my reusable bags. I am sewing some now also, for friends! :) :)

Christy said...

I am with you! We give away a free bag every month and frequently have giveaways on other sites. A free quality bag made in the USA is the best!
http://www.GreenChicBagCo.com