Friday, April 11, 2008

Chicken Parmesan

Right after we had Chloe, one of our neighbors brought us dinner. It was so good, I asked for the recipe. We have made it a couple of times and it is delicious. I thought I would share it with you.


INGREDIENTS
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can Italian bread crumbs
4 slices provolone cheese
2 eggs
olive oil
1 jar Ragu Parmesan & Romano spaghetti sauce
whole wheat Rotini pasta
salt
shredded Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
1. Cook the pasta according to directions on package.
2. Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
3. Beat the 2 eggs together and dip each piece of chicken into the eggs before coating with bread crumbs. (You won't use the whole can of bread crumbs, so just dump a little out on wax paper and save the rest.)
4. Put enough oil in your pan to cover the bottom and heat it over medium heat. You might need to add some oil as you go along.
5. Cook chicken in oil a few minutes on each side until the thickest part is no longer pink in the middle.
6. Place a slice of cheese on each piece of chicken and spoon sauce of the top.
7. Serve over whole wheat Rotini pasta seasoned with a little salt, olive oil, and shredded Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm really glad you've posted this! I've always wanted a great recipe for this. I see that I need to pick up a few ingredients, but I can't wait to try it!!! Thanks.