Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Crock Pot Beef Sandwiches

We like this recipe and I thought someone else may enjoy it also. I like that it is so easy to make. I can just put it on and then I don't have to do anything else to it.

INGREDIENTS:
2.5 lbs beef roast, chuck roast or thick chuck steak, fat trimmed and discarded
2 dry Italian or Ranch salad dressing packets or onion soup mix packets
1 cup water

Buns, Hoagie Rolls or Bread


In a cold crock pot, place thawed or fresh roast.
Pour the contents of the salad dressing or soup packets over the meat.
Pour the water over all.
Cover crock pot with lid.
Cook on high 6 hours or over night on low until meat shreds easily with fork.


We actually use deer instead of beef. Both my dad and my brother like to hunt and usually get a couple of deer each year. They always give us some of the meat.

1 comment:

HDMac said...

Thought I would share this recipe with you. We love this on hoagie rolls ! YUM!!!!

http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/2008/10/crockpot-chipotle-roast.html