Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cherry Pastry

I thought I would share another recipe we tried this week. We wanted something sweet. We realy like the Pillsbury Turnovers. Neither of us wanted to go to the store to get some, so I searched for a recipe using a can of cherry pie filling (that I happened to have). I found a recipe on Cooks.com for a Cherry or Blueberry Pastry. It was pretty good. It actually was a little better the next morning. I will definitely make it again. You can go HERE to see the recipe or see how we made it below.
  • 1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 c granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 can cherry pie filling
Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually beat in flour.

Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan with no-stick cooking spray. Spread about 3/4 of the batter in pan. Pour pie filling over the batter. Drop the remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over pie filling.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments: