Monday, August 18, 2008

A Time of Change

Today is Cassidy's first day of kindergarten. We had planned to home school her, but decided against it. I have been a little overwhelmed since the birth of Chloe, our third child. Life can be difficult with 3 children. With that in mind, we decided to seek other schooling options. We looked at a couple of Christian schools and our public school. In the end, we decided the Christian schools were too expensive and she would go to the public school. The public school in our town is new and is a very nice facility. We were impressed. After seeing the school, Cassidy couldn't wait to go.

It was hard to leave her there this morning. She has gone to preschool in the past, but it has always been half of the day. I was a little sad leaving her there. I will not pick her up until 3:10 this afternoon. She will eat lunch at school. She has never eaten her lunch at school before. I hope she will do well. I know she will, it is just a mother's fear for her child.

Today our neighbor is watching the younger 2 children for about an hour. I want to be able to go to the school to help out and get to know the teachers and the staff. Our neighbor is going to watch the girls while I do that. I am leaving them there a few times to be sure they do well. I know they will.

So all is quiet in the house right now. I am not sure what to do with myself. I already did the dishes and put a load of laundry in the washing machine. I thought I would sit down and share my thoughts on this blog.

I know my postings have been a little less than they usually are, but I hope to change that soon. I am going to get adjusted to our new schedule and I should have a little more time to post. Thank you for reading and for your patience.

No comments: