Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crockpot Cavatini

Not long ago, I was looking for a new recipe for the crock pot when I came across this recipe for Crockpot Cavatini found HERE.

I adapted it to meet our needs & the food we had stocked in our pantry. Here is how I made it:

2 c. pasta (any kind of noodle type pasta)
1 lb. deer burger
Pepperoni (from Pizza Pro)
1 jar (32 oz.) spaghetti sauce
2 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook macaroni and drain.
Brown burger and drain. Add the spaghetti sauce and mix together.

In a medium to large crockpot, layer 1/2 macaroni, 1/2 sauce mixture, 1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 cheese. Continue in layers until all is used ending with cheese on the top.
Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
I used this garden delight pasta to add some extra veggies.

Here is a picture everything in the crock pot ready to cook. I didn't take an after picture, but the cheese is melted and it is yummy!

No comments: