Friday, July 25, 2008

Walgreens - 7/25/08

I did 4 transactions this morning at Walgreens. I got up and was reading about the overlap of the Easy Saver Catalog today and tomorrow only. I decided to go and get a few things.

This picture is of my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd transactions. Cassidy set up the diapers and took a picture. She was so excited to help.
1st Transaction (I messed up a little here):
  • 2 packages Walgreens training pants @ $5.99 each
  • 1 package Wagreens diapers @ $7.69 on clearance (the big pack, I should have gotten the smaller pack so I could use my coupons)
I used the coupons for $5.00 off 2 diapers in the July and the August Easy Saver catalogs. Each coupon took $2.50 off the training pants.

Total: $11.19 - used my gift card from last month
I also earned $5.00 register reward for purchasing 3 packages of diapers.


2nd & 3rd Transactions (these are both the same):
  • 3 packages of Walgreens diapers @ $5.99 each
I used the July and August Easy Saver Catalog coupons. Each one took $2.50 off each package of diapers.

Total (for each transaction): $4.36
I earned $5.00 register reward for purchasing 3 packages of diapers on each transaction.


So for buying the diapers, I have a total of $15.00 register rewards toward another purchase. I used them on my next transaction.

4th Transaction (the prices reflect this weeks sales):
  • Crayola Markers @ $2.00
  • 3 packages of pencils @ $0.19 each
  • 2 packages of paper clips @ $0.19 each
  • 2 L'oreal Vive Hydro Gloss shampoo @ $4.99 for both (sale - BOGO)
  • 3 rulers @ $0.19 each
  • 2 Pantene Shampoo $ 4.00 each
  • 2 Dixie Plates @ $3.79 for both (sale - BOGO)
  • 6 bags of Hershey's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups @ $2.50 each
  • 2 bags of M&M candy @ $3.00 each
  • 6 pads of paper @ 3 for $1.00
Coupons Used:
  • $1.00 off 2 M&Ms (July Easy Saver Catalog) = $1.00
  • $1.00 off 2 M&Ms (August Easy Saver Catalog) = $1.00
  • $1.00 off 2 Hershey's (Easy Saver Catalog) = $3.00
  • $3.00 off 2 packages of Dixie plates (printed at Walgreens) = $3.00
  • $4.00 (should have been $4.99) BOGO L'oreal Shampoo = $4.00
  • 2 - $2.00 off Pantene Shampoo = $4.00
  • $15.00 from the first 3 transactions
Total: $14.03

So here is a breakdown for this trip.

Total for this trip: $33.94
Gift card amount used (from last month): $12.08
Total rebate I will receive from the above purchases: $11.00

So $33.94 - 12.08 - 11.00 = $10.86

Not bad for 9 package of diapers/training pants, shampoo, school supplies, candy and paper plates. Plus the Reese's candy had the bonus movie ticket points on them. I will be sending them in for 2 free movie tickets.

For other great deals, check out Money Saving Mom and The "Cent"sible Sawyer.


UPDATE: I had a request for a running total of my items purchased and my coupons used. I started to do this and then decided to just take pictures of my receipts. Hopefully they will explain everything. Click to enlarge the pictures.

Transaction # 1:
Transaction #2:
Transaction # 3:
Transaction # 4:


TOTALS:
$11.19 (transaction 1)
$4.36 (transaction 2)
$4.36 (transaction 3)
$14.03 (transaction 4)

Add these together and get: $33.94

I used a gift card I had from last month. The amount was $12.08.

I am going to get rebates credited to my gift card in the amount of $11.00 from this trip.

So if you take my total and subtract the amount of my gift card from last month and my rebates for this month, you will get: $33.94 - $12.08 - $11.00 = $10.86

I am also going to mail in the points on the candy to get 2 free movie tickets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Amy,

I'm still having a hard time figuring all this out. Do you think maybe you could include a running total of your items purchased then show us the coupons used and deduct them from the total. When I try and calculate what you would have paid after the coupons it's always much higher than what you actually paid. I'm trying to figure all this out and I could really use some guidance. Thanks!